Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Countertops, Check!

Almost a week ago, our new countertops were installed!!!
We chose Black Pearl granite for our countertops. We like that it's black but not just flat black. It's almost a bit dark grey. Grey Pearl was a frontrunner but seemed TOO grey...this one is perfect!

The bad news is that when my dad went to remove the backsplash, he discovered that the builder had installed it directly to the drywall in such a way that required him to cut out the drywall to remove the backsplash. So, we have had open walls in the kitchen! It actually worked out okay because we decided to add lower and upper cabinet lighting so the open walls made hardwiring the lights much simpler.

Without further ado, here it is!






Please excuse the mess you can see around the edges. We are still living in a construction zone and to top it off, we just had a new kitchen table and chairs delivered. The dining room is the current staging area and I decided to purge rather than just shove everything back in the cabinets so it's still covered in kitchen items.

A better view of the granite color and a peak of the backsplash tile:


At my dad's recommendation, we had the corners of the bar area cut at a 45 degree angle. I'm normally pretty good at envisioning things but I wasn't sure. We decided to go with it. Afterall, he's seen way more of these things than I have. Robin and I agree that we are really glad we went with his recommendation. It helps distinguish the bar top a bit and makes it easier to walk around. I would had to be running into a corner all of the time.

I think this might be Robin's favorite thing in the kitchen: our new sink and faucet!


What do you think? Any recommendations for me?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment